WILDFLOWER

no, i am not doing wildflower this year, although if you asked me which triathlons i want to do before i die, wildflower would follow close after kona...it is a race that captures the imagination of the imaginative.

however, i couldn't resist the temptation to post this Cult tune as my sonic tribute to everyone who is toeing the line this weekend in central cali. better this than let the jealousy grow into a pit in my stomach.

and, this is a great training tune, in fact, the whole album, ELECTRIC, works very well for running and biking if you are looking for something to rock your world a bit, and maybe take you down memory lane (if you are holding tight to your glory years, like me)


1987...i remember lining up at a small club in toronto to see the cult play this live...electric it was, they captured something of the raw, absurd sexiness of rock n roll. ian astbury was an icon in those days, and his stage presence and charisma made the band. wow, is this really that old school?

me, i am racing the toronto international half mary this weekend. budget, time and marital restraints being what they are, my first hit out this year will be a footrace. i am anxious and excited to see what i have got in "me legs". i am right at the end of a very decent build, and there is some deep down fatigue in there. this will be an interesting race for me. build build build, to the point of exhaustion, then train some more, then a brief taper. i am hoping a short rest leaves me with new found fitness on the other side.

one thing for sure, i will be pretending i am racing wildflower this weekend. and the song will be playing in my head. 

good luck to everyone racing this weekend.



Comments

Popular Posts